Senior App Developer
Ref. Num: FST2301 Location: Cambridge, UK
Frontier Smart Technologies provides technology solutions for the digital audio sector (digital radio and connected audio). The company is the world’s leading provider of chips and modules for consumer digital radios – customers include Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Pure, Roberts, Grundig and several major retailer own-brands. We provide turnkey solutions which enable brands to develop internet radios, wireless speakers and soundbars quickly and cost-effectively.
- An exciting opportunity for a talented App developer who can demonstrate solid experience in developing and maintaining applications for Android and iOS devices.
- At least 5 years experience of mobile application development with hands-on experience of the full life cycle of mobile App development, including specification, design, coding, testing, release to App stores, and post-release maintenance.
- Substantial experience of both the iOS and Android ecosystems, having developed Apps with high scores on the App stores.
- Extensive experience in ReactNative development with multiple delivered projects.
- Good knowledge of user interface design and user experience (UI/UX) principles
- Familiarity with GIT based version control systems such as Bitbucket and good knowledge of software development best practices.
- Ideally, experience in developing Apps that interact with, and control, real-time consumer IOT devices.
- A self-starter mentality, capable of working without a lot of supervision.
- A good honours degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or a related discipline.
You might also have (but not essential) experience of:
- Git, JIRA, Jenkins.
- CodeMagic, YAML, Detox
- Agile software development methodologies including Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
Key responsibilities & tasks:
- Maintenance and support for our companion App, compatible with millions of audio devices worldwide.
- Design and Development of new features.
- Producing internal releases and test binaries for our Test Team.
- Making formal releases and submissions to the Apple and Android app stores.
- Ownership of the mobile app codebase and App Software Architecture.
- Contributing to the improvement of Software Development Processes within the organisation.
- Provision of technical support for developers, partners, customers, and suppliers.
- Investigation, reproduction, characterisation and debugging of customer and engineering problems. Development of fixes, workarounds, and examples as appropriate.
- Development and maintenance of in-house tools, demo systems, software specifications, instructions, application notes.
We require a Mobile Application Developer to join the Systems Software Team based in our Harston office. You will be part of a team working on Software for our DAB and Smart Radio products, which enable our customers to create Audio devices incorporating DAB and FM broadcast receivers and a range of streaming standards such as Spotify Connect. You will have sole responsibility for the maintenance and development of the companion app used with our Smart Radio products. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the software development team, working closely with firmware engineers and test engineers to deliver high quality software.
A day in the life
The role will be hands on developer, working in an Agile scrum team, with focus on delivering value to our customers. Working with Product Management, you will be involved in determining what the business and customer priorities are, then planning and completing the work packages to deliver those priorities. Based in our office in Harston, you will work closely with Firmware and Test Engineers to develop innovative, intuitive, and reliable solutions, to enable our customers to develop compelling products.
You will be offered a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package